"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." Colossians 3:17

How to Search My Blog

Here are some Key Words to use if you would like to Search my blog - Decorating, Family, Organizing, Party, Kids, Marriage, Family Value, Beauty, Mommy Time and you can also use Spring, Summer, Winter or Fall :)

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Open Windows

If your anything like me, you have a collection of pictures on your camera and computer from the past year. Most of us will never get any of them developed and scrapbook them all. So I have a solution for you. Open Windows!

Tidbit - Open Microsoft Windows and make a DVD Movie using the Movie Maker. It's really easy and fun. Now that the holidays have passed and a new year is here, it's a good time to make a movie of 2009. You can add titles and music to the background. I made one last year and my sons loved it. I am working on one now and I can't wait to finish it. It's a great way to hold on to cherished memories. Best of all when your done you can save all of your pictures on a disk and free up some space on your computer.

Extra Tidbit - Another way to take advantage of windows is to create Forget It Folders that will keep your thoughts organized. They are a great resource to use to jot thoughts down and forget them until needed. In My Favorites section I have a folder marked Summer. In it I save websites of places to visit, so that when the summer rolls around again I can refer to it and the calenders for the season. I also have one marked Vacation where I save websites of Bed and Breakfast's I would like to stay in for Anniversary's and Birthdays. This year I have decided to make a Needs and Gifts Folder in My Documents section in Word. In it I am going to put ideas for the boys and for people in our family who we buy for at Christmas and Birthdays. Hopefully this will help me when some one asks me what the boys would like or need for their birthday or Christmas next year. And I will have some ideas for others as well. I can write it and forget it all year long.

Beauty Tidbit - In this cold, cold season we can all use a little pick me up each time we leave the house. Mine is Ginger Mentha Lip Shine Shimmer from Bath and Body. I leave it in my coat pocket and put it on each time I leave my house. It keeps my lips smooth, it tastes and smells great and it makes my lips sparkle. Keep a yummy Lip Balm in your pocket and enjoy the pick me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment